Sunday, December 28, 2008

Alone....?

My mind plays tricks on me from time to time and makes me wish I had someone to share these loneliness and serenity; someone other than the people and crowd, someone to hold my hand and say I love you. My heart knows exactly who that person is and I think of him while gazing out the window. And just like that, he is there with me. I can feel his love even without him being there and even without him knowing it. It is a feeling I create.
We choose love. We choose anger. We choose happiness. We choose boredom.
You pick and choose based on the rush you give your body when it experiences a certain emotion. Some people, or the lack of some people, help you to trigger these emotions. So if you want Joy, all you have to do is trigger it yourself.
If you're interested in developing your own awareness skills in time for the generous holidays, start by turning off your TV. You will never be alone to hear your inner voice if the TV is constantly talking to you, teasing, or tempting you.
Then, try writing in a journal when you wake up. Spend 5 – 10 minutes writing any and everything; dreams, goals, frustrations, even write about not knowing what to write if you have to. Then, turn the page. Don't read it and immediately judge yourself because most of that journal is meant for getting the garbage out. After a few days you'll feel your thoughts are becoming nicely sorted as your dreams find order again, becoming reachable and practical, AND you'll be leading with your heart instead of an insecure mind. I guarantee it.
For further practice, try waking up with the 5 Tibetan Rites, or any of the thousand available Yoga and meditation methods. These teach patience and peace as well as allow your inner voice to sing! Or for the more energetic, go for a run or a ride. You make it as hard or soft as you want. It's your day. It's your experience. How will you remember it?